Thursday 12 November 2009

make do and mend



Money is becoming tighter as it is nearing Christmas. Rather than binning one of my favourite Fake London cashmere jumpers I decided to carefully mend it by blanket stitching liberty print fabric patches onto the elbows. A very good friend had given me some liberty print swatches and I had finally found a use ( I'm also thinking of making a quilt). Once I had completed mending it I put it on and felt so glad that I had taken the time to sew the patches on. I remember why it is one of my favourite jumpers, it's so warm and now looks even cuter.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks gorgeous - make do & mend has never looked better! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you mousie I now intend to fit a denim shirt. It use to be my dad and I think it's older than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh I can't spell or I just get my worms mixed up. I meant fix's

    ReplyDelete