Thursday 19 November 2009

This year what I thought would be nice is to make christmas pressies for friends & family. I have loads of fabrics and trimming which I have collected over the years which could be made into something exciting.
One pressies I am trying to make is a glasses case which I am having a few problems with.
First it was the size I had done the pattern to small which made the wadding look to heavy, I've sorted that now.
My next problem was I put elastic around the inside section top and it hasn't work. I try it because I wanted something to stop the glasses from falling out of the case. Finally I have decided to scrap the elastic as I felt that if you had big hands you wouldn't of been able to use it correctly anyway.
So what I have thought is to have button fastening at the top and use the buttonhole gadget on my sewing machine. Once I got it all set up I couldn't get it to work. I kept sewing stitches on the spot or sewing to much etc....

I have now decided to do them by hand which I think looks very cute once I have got some nice coloured threads. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment